NDE Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NDE Survivors

A forum for those who survived death and as well as being banned from NDERF or Near Death and Afterlife as well as for those who left of their own accord.

You are not connected. Please login or register

James Van Praagh challenged by James Randi

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cloe

Admin

Admin
Admin

I haven't been on this forum in ages. Kind of forgot about it.

Anyway, this is interesting. Especially this part:

Mr. James Van Praagh:

I'm sure you received my letter of Sept. 9 encouraging you to accept the James Randi Educational Foundation's Million Dollar Challenge by agreeing to demonstrate your claimed psychic powers in a fair, mutually-agreed-upon test, under conditions that would prevent cheating. The certified letter was confirmed to have been picked up from your local post office.

We also sent the letter to you via email. During the week prior to that, our challenge to you was covered by ABC News and Time.com. AOL News reached out to you for an answer, but you didn't reply to them either. All this time, you have refused to give an honest answer to the question of whether or not you'll accept our challenge.

It seems odd that you won't return our messages. After all, if you can really do what you claim, we're offering you one million dollars and a chance to prove wrong everyone who doubts you, including those of us at the James Randi Educational Foundation. If your 'psychic powers' are real, hiding from our offer makes as much sense as throwing away a winning lottery ticket.

So, we can only guess at why you haven't answered.

Perhaps it's because what you do is not "psychic" at all, but a stale and repetitive performance of cold-reading techniques, in which you throw out vague guesses and then repeat back to your audience things they've already told you or things that are simply obvious, all while claiming their dead relatives are speaking to you.

Perhaps it's because your well-worn tricks actually fall flat quite often, such as when you had a spectacular failure on the Australian Channel Ten program The Circle.

Perhaps it's because you were just exposed on ABC's Primetime Nightline for stuffing your reading of an ABC correspondent with personal facts that were publicly available with a simple internet search, but which you claimed were revealed to you by spirits.

Perhaps it's because you have given so many people bad information that you were even called out by Barbara Walters on The View for falsely warning her that she had a serious health problem.

Or perhaps you have nothing to fear, and you have just been too busy to collect our million dollars.

Will you accept our challenge? We hope you will make the time to give us, and the media, your answer.

D.J. Grothe
President
James Randi Educational Foundation

That isn't an invitation Cloe, it isn't even a challenge, that's a taunt. I honestly don't know how anybody could support James Randi in the name of Science. Would you expect anybody to take up the challenge after getting a letter like that?

Getting someone like James Randi to set the goal posts for a psychic test when he doesn't even know the first thing about ESP is also a concern. Have you read all the fine print for his million dollar challenge?

https://ndesurvivors.forumotion.com

Cloe

I feel that Praagh is a con artist, so I have no sympathy for him. He claims that he can talk to the dead, so Randi's challenge should be easy if the dead hung out to be talked to.

It just doesn't seem to work like that, Lucas. We're never going to find out how this works if we allow people like Praagh to continue their trade.

I've seen apparitions, so I know that there is something going on with these systems. I'd like to know how these apparitions are being projected (source).

We know that photons can tunnel through walls, but only a small amount tunnels. So, how can we see these apparitions (as in visual photons) go through walls? How do they make a room turn cold without the use of air conditioners? How do they levitate?

Many of us have seen apparitions, so what's going on?

I died when I was eleven years old and yet continued observing and existing. How is that possible? What's the mechanism?

Praagh knows that many of us are superstitious and he uses that to sell his trade. He offers nothing except to keep us believing and not moving on to question how. He takes advantage of those that grieve.

Admin

Admin
Admin

I feel that Praagh is a con artist, so I have no sympathy for him. He claims that he can talk to the dead, so Randi's challenge should be easy if the dead hung out to be talked to.

I barely even know who he is so I have no need to attack him or defend him. The point is though, if you want to have certain claims tested you don't go about it by harassing people and humiliating them publicly, which is what is being done here. It is incredibly immature coming from someone claiming to be objective unbiased and impartial to the outcome of such tests.

Have you read the fine print of the million dollar challenge?

It just doesn't seem to work like that, Lucas. We're never going to find out how this works if we allow people like Praagh to continue their trade.

It doesn't seem to work like what, Cloe? Please explain.

Admin

Admin
Admin

The Relentless Hypocrisy Of James Randi :

http://www.rense.com/general50/james.htm

Cloe

It doesn't seem to work like what, Cloe? Please explain.

I owe you a detailed explanation, Lucas. For now however (busy day), these seem to be systems within systems within systems, perhaps infinitely so. Whatever system or systems is or are projecting these apparitions isor are in probability linked to another system or systems. In example, if there were gods, then they are created somehow by a system, or a form of exponential order out of chaos.

If Praagh were legit, than he should have no problem contacting Randi's dead relatives and getting the juice on the guy,.. IF that's how this works. But he won't because he can't.

I'll get into this further, later,.. I have a grandson to pick up in five minutes.

Cloe

Lucas, I don't see any "fine print"?

James Randi Million Dollar Challenge

If someone has these anomalous abilities, then by reason they should be able to test them? They sure the heck can charge for them, so they must be deliverable at their request?

In my opinion, we're lucky to have legitimate magicians, illusionists and mentalists, as they're probably the best at seeing the trick. cyclops

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum